Probate Department

E-file Documents

Download appropriate form to include with your eFiling. Should you have any questions regarding the eFiling process, please consult the local e-filing rules and/or contact your electronic filing service provider (EFSP).

See Map of the Courthouse, List of Court Contacts and the Frequently Asked Questions

Probate Department: Contact Information

Staff Attorney (210) 335-0490
Administrative Assistant 210) 335-2190
Auditor (210) 335-2766
Auditor (210) 335-2638
Court Clerk (210) 335-2546
Court Investigator (210) 335-2583
Court Reporter (210) 335-2359
Staff Attorney (210) 335-2647
Administrative Assistant 210) 335-2678
Auditor (210) 335-2244
Auditor (210) 335-0491
Court Clerk (210) 335-2670
Court Investigator (210) 335-2279
Court Reporter (210) 335-2466

Map of Bexar County Courthouse, Justice Center & Paul Elizondo Tower (PET)

There are two buildings connected to the courthouse. Building 1 is the courthouse. Building 2 is the Justice Center. Building 3 is the Paul Elizondo Tower (PET).

There is a tunnel located in the basement. The tunnel connects the courthouse to the Justice Center (see the dotted lines below). To access the tunnel, go through the sliding glass doors located next to the elevators in the basement of the courthouse. To enter the PET from the Justice center, go across the courtyard.

How do I get a letter testamentary?

In order to receive a letter testamentary, a will MUST be filed and admitted to probate. To file a will for probate, please consult an attorney. The law prevents us from providing legal advice to any person. Please see the Bexar County Probate Courts website for more information at:

How can I obtain guardianship over an incapacitated person?

You must contact an attorney to file a guardianship. While you may represent yourself in some lawsuits, you may not represent others. Under Texas law, only a licensed attorney may represent the interests of third-party individuals or entities, including guardianship wards and probate estates. Please see the Bexar County Probate Courts website for more information at:

How do I file a Small Estate Affidavit?

Please see the attached document to determine if a Small Estate Affidavit is proper to use. If so, please download the Small Estate Affidavit from the Bexar County Probate Courts website. The from must be filled out completely and turned into the County Clerk's Probate office with the appropriate fees. Please see the Bexar County Probate Courts website for more information at:

How do I get a copy of a will or case file?

The fee for plain copies is $1.00 per page. There is an additional charge of$ 5.00 per document for certified copies. Request for copies can be made in person, by e-file, or by mail. Please make sure to provide the name and case file number, if available, for each request. Checks or money orders are to be made payable to: Lucy Adame-Clark, Bexar County Clerk Probate Department 100 Dolorosa, Suite 104 San Antonio, TX 78205

How do I search for an estate?

You can conduct name searches for probate records here:

How do I place a will for safekeeping?

A person may deposit their will for safekeeping with the County Clerk for a one-time fee of $5.00. The will is placed in a sealed envelope and kept in a secure storage area. The deputy clerk does not review the contents of the will. The clerk will issue a certificate of deposit for the will upon receipt. The will may be removed at any time by the Testator (person for whom the will is created). After the Testator passes, any person named on the outside of the sealed envelope, may withdraw the will upon proof of identification and proof of death of the Testator.